Tel: 028 9046 1810
Wed, 27 Oct|
Online interactive event
SuNSE Programme - Lisburn & Castlereagh Council Area Only
Social Enterprise & the Digital Economy - online - facilitated by Nigel McKinney (RCN) and Ciaran Connolly (Profile Tree)
Time & Location
27 Oct 2021, 10:00 – 12:01 BST
Online interactive event
About the Event
SuNSE* Networking event for social entrepreneurs hoping to learn how to build a business in the ever-growing digital economy
About this event
- Is your social enterprise digi-ready?
- Want to know how to grow your social business by optimising it for the online market?
- Are you ready to take advantage of all the opportunities available in an exploding online market?
*This event is part of the SuNSE programme - the Support Network for Social Entrepreneurs - which aims to support new social enterprise ideas, as well as existing social enterprises, in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area.
Find out how to tap into one of the fastest growing sectors in business and get the best possible return for your digital marketing. Explore how social innovation can work and how opportunities can be created for social entrepreneurs.
Delivered by Nigel McKinney of Rural Community Network, this session will look at remote working, connectivity, e-commerce, and much more.
There will also be a presentation from Ciaran Connolly of Profile Tree, an award-winning digital content marketing agency that provides design, content , and video solutions.
Now until March 2022, the SuNSE programme will be delivering training, workshops, and networking events as well as one-to-one specialised mentoring to help bring a social business product or new service idea to market (Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area only). This is the digital economy component of a wider programme of networking events, seeking to encourage entrepreneurial activity in the green economy, youth enterprise, and health & social care, amongst many other areas.
If you run an existing social enterprise or if you are thinking about setting up one and would like to take part in this programme, visit www.dtni.org.uk/projects/SuNSE
- Nigel McKinney has more than 20 years’ experience working in a number of leadership roles within the voluntary, community, and social enterprise sector, and is currently working at Rural Community Network. His knowledge and interests cover social enterprise development, community festivals, health & social care, digital connectivity and innovation, and rural development. Nigel is also hugely experienced in the areas of community engagement, institutional fund raising, and project and action planning.
- Ciaran Connolly is CEO and founder of Belfast digital agency ProfileTree which specialises in optimised websites, content strategy and content creation as well as training in-house teams on how to deliver a digital strategy. It has focused on video over the past years and has now turned to voice technology as it seeks a competitive advantage for its clients. Ciaran is passionate about helping companies grow their brands and sales online. He believes content marketing is one of the most effective ways to grow a business online today and helps companies with limited budgets or resources plot a strategy that delivers results. He works with many local and small business owners as they aim to generate the best return possible from their marketing budgets.
SuNSE is delivered by Development Trusts NI, a member-led network of community development organisations in Northern Ireland.
SuNSE is funded by Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council and Interreg NW Europe.