Belfast City Council's new Social Economy Incentive fund is open for applications with the potential for Social Enterprises or Co-operative businesses based in Belfast to be awarded up to £10,000 of funding.
This fund is to help with business ambitions for those planning to start trading in the next three months or to support growth aspirations for those already trading.
The application process is competitive with the first stage including an online application.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to pitch your organisation or project on Friday 15 December 2023 to an expert judging panel. Download application form: Social Economy Incentive Fund 2023 (belfastcity.gov.uk)
Eligibility criteria to apply for an award
To apply, an organisation must be:
· located in Belfast City Council area.
· trading or ready to start trading within the next three months.
· able to demonstrate the potential impact of the fund on achieving organisation and programme aims.
· a registered social enterprise or co-operative organisation or in the process of completing this registration.
· committed to begin spending the fund on the project within three months of receipt of funds with all monies spent within 12 months of award.
· has not been awarded funds in a previous round of this fund.
There must not be any duplication of funding